Sibiu NATO International Spring School was an international educational opportunity for students, designed to provide them with a real life experience of the operational procedures and capabilities of NATO, while educating them about the threats to national security that NATO faces in the 21st century. The Spring School was programmed to ensure that each participant gains a fruitful understanding of the types of threats NATO faces, its ability to respond and what policy options are available to it in time of crisis.
The School hosted a 5 days’ workshop and simulation for international students at Sibiu University in Romania with the goal of fulfilling NATO`s objective to educate young students about new and emerging challenges to international peace and security. Since a clear understanding of the purpose and relevance of NATO amongst the youth is necessary for the future of national security, the Sibiu School served as an ideal opportunity to engage students within NATO issues, to expand their understanding of NATO amongst the next generation of leaders and to reinforce a fundamental lynchpin in NATO’s policy objectives.
- Dr. Ioan Mircea Pascu, Former Romanian Minister of Defence and Vice-president of AFET Commission in the European Parliament;
- Mr. Marius Pricopi, Land Forces Academy “Nicolae Balcescu” Sibiu;
- Dr. Oana-Antonia Colibasanu, Associated Professor, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest – VP International Marketing and Europe Director, Stratford;
- Ms. Oana Popescu, Director of the Global Focus Centre;
- Mr. Giuseppe Belardetti, Former Secretary General of the Atlantic Treaty Association;
- Mr. Jason Wiseman, Program Manager, Atlantic Treaty Association.
NATO PDD, Atlantic Treaty Association, Golden Tulip Ana Tower Hotel, Atlassib, National Brukenthal Museums, Sory Logistics.