The main theme of the 2015 edition was “Building bridges through strategic planning and consolidated dialogue between NATO Allies and Partners”
The fourth MoNYS edition, organized both by land and by sea, took in Riga (including a return cruise to Stockholm), between 10th and 15th of August 2015. Living an amazing cross-cultural adventure and open oneself to the world represented for the participants a great way of knowing each other through different cultures.
MoNYS confirms once again to be a powerful brand which develops multilateral diplomacy, so as to better understand the roles, structures and mechanisms of NATO. The event promotes an interpersonal and intercultural exchange among participants, enriching the academic curriculum through an overview of the prospective field of work.
MoNYS brings students closer to the current international issues, making them aware of the importance of fast, efficient and strategic solutions, and learning the importance of balancing national interests with the needs of international community, while also learning about the power and limitations of international negotiations.
This high-level simulation of NATO decision making processes managed to bring 120 participants from 40 countries and to create a platform of young professionals interested in security and diplomacy. The organizers wanted to provide a work environment as close as possible to the reality by promoting the maximization of delegates’ individual potential. Meeting international speakers, taking part in lectures on the current NATO agenda, being involved in crisis management scenarios on the ship, assisting at high level debates in committees and councils; all these ingredients contributed to an authentic atmosphere and unforgettable event.
- John Svensson, Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Security Policy Department
- Karlis Nerietniks, board member of Swedish Atlantic Council
- Gabriella Wilow, Chairman of YATA Sweden
- Alexander Moens, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
- Radu Magdin, NATO Emerging Leaders Working Group
- Jacek Śladewski, Chargé d`affairs, Embassy of Poland to Sweden
- Bogusław Nowak, Defence attaché, Embassy of Poland to Sweden
- Katarina Tracz, Head of Frivarld Think Tank (Stockholm Free World Forum)
NATO PDD, Albert Hotel, Radisson Blu, airBaltic, Tallink Group, Revisual8